The Trauma and Injury Intelligence Group (TIIG) was established to look at access to quality and reliable injury information. A major element of TIIG is the establishment of an Injury Surveillance System (ISS) across the North West of England.
Injury Surveillance System (ISS)
The purpose of the TIIG ISS is to collect injury data from local emergency departments (EDs), along with ambulance data from the North West Ambulance Service. TIIG currently collects and reports on injury data from all EDs across Merseyside, Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire and Greater Manchester. In addition data from the local ambulance services is collected quarterly. The purpose of this website is to provide an injury surveillance resource for policy makers, practitioners and others working to tackle and prevent injuries. The website includes:
- About us: an overview of the history of TIIG, its aims, and functionality within the North West.
- Area: select an area within the North West for TIIG publications and further ED information.
- Publications: all TIIG publications, select the area and EDs you are interested in.
- Partners: links to TIIG partner organisations.
- Events: future national and international unintentional and intentional injury events, such as; conferences, workshops, seminars etc.
- Contacts: who's who within the TIIG team.
- Data request form: tailor an ad-hoc data request for data held by TIIG.
- Links: signposting to relevant organisations and resources for injury information.
- Join the TIIG mailing list: an opportunity for organisations to join a mailing list to receive TIIG reports on a regular basis.